Janeybell

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #75

Happy Sunday!!!! It's one of my most favourite days...Why?... because it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch!!!!

Now I must admit to not quite knowing what I was going to do with this one.. I had HEAPS of ideas floating around in my head... but none of those seemed to translate very well to the made card...ooopsss... so yes.. there were quite a few thing placed in the REJECT pile. BUT.... after a little more fluffing about, I FINALLY came up with something that I'm REALLY pleased with. Oh and one other little suprise.. wait for it folks.. this card had not ONE ounce of PINK.. nope.. not one... OK it does have Kraft... hahha.. but NO PINK.. AND... I've used a considerable amount of a particularly scary colour for me... Taken with Teal... YEP... how's that for BRAVE!!! hahah

Ok enough rambling from me.. how about I show you the card I've come up with, and you can decide whether you like it or not:-


And here is Karen's FUN, FUN, FUN sketch:-


I've used Taken with Teal (scary colour) as the base then added some Choc Chip and some Teal DSP from my Sweet Pea pack. The ribbon underneath the square layer I've attached using a neat little trick I came up with... can you guess? I'll have to share that one with you later.. a bit like my Faux Suede tutorial... it's coming folks.. I promise!!!
The circle was cut using my Circle Scissors Plus and was sponged around the edges with Choc Chip Ink. I then stamped my image from Party Hearty in Choc Chip, re-stamped it again and cut out the 'b' to add a little dimension and then added a little Choc Chip ribbon tag and the centre present in Teal. I used my Simply Serif Alphabet and Numbers to make 'Jack' and 'Four' and then used my 1/2" circle punch to punch them out. They've all been sponged with Choc Chip ink too. I used the same method for the little party hats along the bottom.

This little card is for my Godson Jack.. who will be turning ... yep.. FOUR in July.. how organised am I??!!! hahaha

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper's for some amazing inspiration:-
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Party Hearty, Simple Serif Alphabet and Numbers
Card:- Choc Chip, Kraft, Sweet Pea DSP, Taken with Teal

Ink:-
Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Choc Chip
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Choc Chip Dbl Stiched Grosgrain, Choc Chip Wide Grosgrain, 1/2" circle punch, Circle Scissors Plus

14 Comments:

Jen Tapler said...

SOOOOO cute! Now why didn't I think of that for those damn circles!?!? LOL. I didn't know what the heck to do with those things. But this turned out FANTASTIC! I love it!!

Karen said...

SJ - you have done a wonderful job with this challenge and I particularly LOVE the colour combo. I'm storing that in the memory bank for later! lol

Karen
x

About Me said...

this is AWESOME Sarah Jane!!! I love the bright teal and the soft kraft together - it all works so well!!! And i have to say you really KNOW how to use this stamp set!!! I love all the different versions you've made with this one stamp set - shows how truly truly versatile SU! stamps really are...which is why we love them hey! hehehe xxx love it! :)

Karen Giron said...

This is SO cute! I love the circles with the age and name, so adorable - and of course that wonderful color combo rocks!!

Lynn said...

Sarah,
perfect and very adorable..love that it is a boy card too! I always need boy card inspiration!

Karen Motz said...

This is SO fun!!! I love how you incorporated the number in the little circles...SO clever!!!

Lynn Put said...

What a super cute birthday card! I love the way you personalized this card and the popped up images look fantastic!

sandy said...

I normally can't stand teal, but I love how you changed it( a super improvement for my eyes)with the choc chip. Great card and my first visit to your blog, courtesy of my dear friend, Nancy Riley.TFS.

Nancy Riley said...

Perfect! Love the personalization, and that ribbon coming out the side of the "b" really caught my eye! LOVE IT!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers Sarah, this is perfection!!1 Love the color combo and how you personalized the card!!! AWESOME!!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - perfect birthday card!

K. Joy said...

This is great!! I love how you spelled out the word with the circles! Great card! Thanks for sharing. :)

Christina said...

So adorable! I love the way you personalized this card, and the cute little party hat above the word "birthday" is perfect!

Jannie said...

Very original!