Janeybell

Friday, June 11, 2010

Inkspiration Sketch Challenge #27

Happy Friday!!!! Where does the week go??? It is indeed time for another fabulous Inkspiration Challenge... and today it's SKETCH time!!!

You are in luck today.. because I'm running a wee bit late so you wont have to wade through all my chatter before I get to my creation ... well ok apart from this little bit of chatter.. hahaha.

Ok so onto the challenge. Here is my card for today:-


And here is Keesh's sketch for you to play along with:-


I have to apologise because I just couldn't seem to get a GOOD photo of this card.. .I'll have to have another go tomorrow!! So Sorry about that. The stamp set is my Papertrey Ink Blooming Button Bits.. and I've stamped the image in Versamark then added some clear embossing powder and given it a blast with my heat tool.. then sponged it with Baja Breeze ink... the photo unfortunately isn't really showing the Emboss Resist.. very well... so you may need to get your nose right up to the screen to really see it... hahaha

I've had another Faux Diva moment and attacked a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock with my bone folder to creation a Faux Suede panel and also added some Close to Cocoa DSP for the other panel. Rather than use an 'oval' as per the sketch I've used a little creative license and added some GORGEOUS satin ribbon and very cheekily copied the little tag that was on my GORGEOUS Convention gift from Fiona, by tracing it and cutting it out... I know, I know.. I PROMISE I will be purchasing the Tiny Tag Set and matching punch ASAP!!! hahaha
The buttons are Baja Breeze and I've added a little pink bling to mix too.

I hope you like it and can actually see past the not so good photo. :D

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Inkspiration DT for some more amazing inspiration:-






Cindy
Kirsty
Chantelle
Renee
Teneale
Makeesha
Lee Pelosi (Our FABULOUS Guest Designer)
Kim Badelt (last weeks winner & this weeks Guest Designer)


Don't forget to link your card to InLinkz on Keesh's blog too, so that we can all have a looksie at what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:

Stamps:- Pocket Silhouettes, Blooming Button Bits (PTI)
Card:- Kraft, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa

Ink:- Versamark, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa
Accessories:- Pink Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Button Bouquet, Pink Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Bone Folder

8 Comments:

Lee said...

Ohhh LA LA!!! I can see your embossed leaves!!! I'm loving it SJ!! I'm loving this suede kick you're on too, you are the FAUX DIVA, girlfriend! I'm so glad you risked your pinkies with the heat tool, it was worth it :)

Lulla xxx

Sharnee Torrents said...

You really are such a delight beautiful Sarah!! I too love the faux suede thingy you've got going on! How do you really get your bone folder to do that?? As for the card, it really is gorgeous! Love the buttons and bling and ribbon and colours... ummm.. did i mention that I love it!!!
Have a super weekend!
Hugs SHarnee :0)

KimB said...

Hi Sarah,
a really lovely combo of soft colours - with great texture ;)Love the emboss resist effect - and the little sentiment tag. Perfect for a friend!

Kim

Makeesha Byl said...

So pretty SJ!

Renée said...

beautiful, Sarah! Love the faux suede paper :)

About Me said...

once again, dang blooming beautiful!!!! heheheh - No one does the soft colours like you Sarah-Jane!!! I love it (again) and can't wait to have a go at the faux suede...I'm assuming there'll be a tutorial out there somewhere?? :)

Can't wait to see more creations tomorrow!!!! xxx

Lee said...

Thankyou for the personal faux suede tutorial SJ!!! Btw fellow stampers, the way this effect is achieved, is totally NOT how I imagined!!! Let's all lobby SJ for a video tutorial!!! (or at least LOTS of pictures!) hehe.

Lee x

Chantelle said...

Sweet card Sarah - love the buttons and I am loving the faux suede technique you love to show.