Janeybell

Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby News!!!!

No!!! Not mine... well not yet anyway!! oohhhh!!! hahaha
Some gorgeous friends of ours had a wee little GORGEOUS, ADORABLE, Sweet little daughter on Saturday, so I thought it only fitting that I make a little card and of course accompanying gifty to go with it.

To add to that.. I've FINALLY managed to sit down and make an entry for the FABULOUS Just Add Ink challenge this week. The JAI gals do an AMAZING job each week, and I'm so sad that I don't get to play along more often... you know what.. I must make time!!! Yes ... that's what I'll do.

Anyhoo.. here is the little array of goodies I created this afternoon. First up is the little card:-


And here is the little gift box I made for the SWEET little outfit I got for her:-



The layout from the card is from the SSSC#74. I thought it was PERFECT for the JAI challenge this week.. allowing me to use LOTS of DSP. With the little elephant on the front.. such a cutie... I've inked her up in Whisper White Craft ink, and then once dried, which takes a WHILE, I sponged over the top of it with some Pink Pirouette Ink.. just to soften it up a little. Oooh AND, I found a new trick for doing such inking.. especially when inking over Whisper White.. which as previously touched upon takes AGES to dry. Right.. my little trick... well rather than inking up my sponge from the ink pad itself.. I squished the ink into the lid and picked it up from there.. yes I know.. you're probably all going... DUH!!! at the moment.. but for me it was one of those HEAD SLAPPING.. why on earth didn't I think of that before.. I could've avoided WHITE ink on my ink pads... MOMENTS!!!! hahaha
The paper is from my Sweet Pea pack and the base of the card is Kraft. I've also used some Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon.. oohhhhh, and the little ear.. has had it's fair share of PLONKING into the Dazzling Diamond pot.

The little box I made using some Kraft for the base and then some Rose Red for the top. I made a little band.. which after completing said box, probably should've been made to go around the entire box!!!. Anyone else make a box and then wish they'd made it a smidge bigger?.. yep!!!
The band though has been made with some Kraft cardstock, and some Pretty in Pink DSP from the Sweet Pea pack and finished off with some more Pink Satin ribbon.. ooohhhh. I also made a little tag the same as the front of the card.

I've JUST come home from having little snuggles with the beautiful Alyssa.. and may I had.. that I WAS clucky BEFORE I went.. but now!!!! WOW!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Card:-
Stamps:- Nursery Necessities
Card:- Kraft, Sweet Pea DSP,
Ink:- Whisper White Craft, Choc Chip, Pink Pirouette
Accessories:- Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Flower Fusion Too, Pink Rhinestone, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way Glue Pen


Gift Box:-
Stamps:- Nursery Necessities
Card:- Kraft, Sweet Pea DSP, Rose Red
Ink:- Whisper White Craft, Choc Chip, Pink Pirouette
Accessories:- Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Circle Scallop Punch, Dimensionals,
Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way Glue Pen, Circle punch

15 Comments:

Sarah Klass said...

Gorgeous SJ! Just divine!

Did you get a good sniff of the bubba?! There's nothing on this earth like the smell of a newborn....

S x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card and giftbox SJ!!

Patrice said...

Lovely little set :o)

Fiona Harrison said...

Gorgeous gift for the new arrival, love that box! Nothing like a brand new baby to get the cluck going.
Fi x

Christine Blain said...

This is just too gorgeous, Sarah! Love it to bits - especially the colours you've used, and the blingy flower on the bow. Great tip about picking up ink from the inkpad lid (I'll confess I hadn't thought of that either!!).

Unknown said...

I love these 2 projects! The card is soooo stinkin' cute. Lovely job with the elephant and the layout. Great ribbon treatment too. I definitely want to CASE this!

Louise Layton said...

Oh SJ- LOVE LOVE LOVE them both!!! Gorgeous and fabulous in equal measures! My most favouritest bits are the little elephant's sparkly ear, the colours (of course being a fellow pink nut) and that stunning bow on the card.
Lotsa love Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Sarah. Just OOOZES newborn baby girl. I bet her mummy was stoked!

Tania Gould said...

What lucky friends they are - to have a friend like you who gives such beautiful gifts!!!! Really stunning!!!

AJ said...

I'm drooling! Talk about eye candy!

Danielle Daws said...

Ooooh, STUNNING! I love the colours. Beautiful!

Paula Fuller said...

Sarah this is just gorgeous. I bet the recipients were over the moon!!

Lynn Powell said...

absolutely gorgeous Sarah

Lisa J said...

The card and gift box are just gorgeous. Love all the details.

Lee said...

Ohhhhh, I LOOOOVE this gorgeous little gift set!! What a special pressie, forget whatever the gift is, the box & card are exquisite :-)

@ Fi, you must be off the richter scale clucky then my dear!! (with the amount of newborns you hold on a daily basis) x