Janeybell

Friday, June 4, 2010

Inkspiration Challenge #26

Happy Friday!!! Hope you've had a lovely week and for those of us in Western Australia.. you're looking forward to a LONG weekend... YAY... gotta love a LONG weekend!!!

It's time of course for another Inkspiration Challenge and today we've got a COLOUR challenge for you.

Here's my card for today:-


And here's the colour sample for you to play along with:-


OK... so don't PANIC about all the Neutral colours here... I PROMISE you can get them to work. Have fun with it... and don't forget to link your creation over at Keesh's blog so we can all see what you've come up with.. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the creations with this combo!!!

I've started out with a base of Kraft and added some Whisper White as a panel with some Basic Grey DSP and some more Kraft which I attacked with my Bone Folder to create a Faux Suede look. ( Stay tuned for some more FAUX SUEDE creations... I've kinda gone on a little crazy escapade with it and created about THREE creations... I'll give it a little break after this week I Promise!! hahaha)
But.. back to the faux suede.. I do LOVE how it gives you another form of texture to your card, whilst keeping it kinda soft in the process. I've also used some of my Real Red Polka Dot ribbon, which I've flipped over to the plain side and my Sizzlets Lots of Tags to create my little centre piece. The stamp set is Party Hearty and I've also added a few little Real Red Buttons on either side.

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Inkspiration DT for some more amazing inspiration:-






Cindy
Kirsty
Chantelle
Renee
Teneale
Makeesha
Lee Pelosi (Our FABULOUS Guest Designer)


Don't forget to link your card to InLinkz on Keesh's blog too, so that we can all have a looksie at what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:

Stamps:- Party Hearty
Card:- Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Grey DSP (Hostess Pack)

Ink:- Whisper White Craft, Real Red
Accessories:- Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain (retired), Big Shot!, Sizzlets Lots of Tags, Real Red Buttons (retired), Sponges, Dimensionals

12 Comments:

Lee said...

Ohhhhhhhh! I likey your faux suede! What a neat technique for some great texture! I love the little red party hat in the frame too, such a cute idea! Love it!

Lee x

Chantelle said...

Very sweet Sarah - love the textured look.

Danielle Daws said...

Gorgeous! :-)

Christine Blain said...

Sarah-Jane, this is ADORABLE! Oh- so-cute use of the label, and I thought that was the suede effect when I spotted the kraft panel. Very nice!! (You were paying attention at Convention, weren't you?!)

Anonymous said...

I love what you have created Sarah-Jane!! The suede technique is another fave of mine! I love the simplicity of your centrepiece as well! Just gorgeous
Kirsty xx

Cidny Major said...

I LOVE this! Love the faux suede, the use of the Big Shot die, the sentiment with the cute hat in the middle, the buttons on the matching wide ribbon...
GREAT design! :D

Cindy

Teneale said...

Snap! we used the same stamps, paper and ribbon.... I love that we are thinking in the same way but I am not in your league yet. LOVE the card and really loving the faux suede look.

Have a nice weekend.

Ten

Renée said...

gorgeous Sarah! Love how you created the faux suede ... will have to remember that :)

Makeesha Byl said...

So cute SJ! Love your lil red buttons on your ribbon and the party hat in the centre, really stands out. THanks for your inspiration this week. Did you get my card last week? Keesh

KimB said...

HI Sarah,

very stylish and elegant. You are definitely persuading me to order those tag dies!! Love the white ink edging to the label and the sueding is a great touch too!

Kim

Anthonette said...

Hi Sarah,
I've never done the faux suede look. The card is fantastic!

3 pink lemonade said...

I agree with all above! This is such a stunner, that faux is awesome, I should have a go at doing that in the near future!Good job!!
love Sally x