Janeybell

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #72

It's SUNDAY!!! Which means it's time for one of my VERY FAVOURITE things.... Sweet Sunday Sketch!!!

Once again, Karen has come up with another fabulous sketch to play with and here is my card:-


Here is Karen's sketch:-


As mention in my previous post, I've been on somewhat of a Faux Suede expedition... and this card has not ONE but TWO lots of it. ... I know... I couldn't help myself.

I've used Baja Breeze, Choc Chip, Naturals Ivory and Kraft as my Colour Combo. Starting with Baja Breeze, I then added a layer of Choc chip and some Baja Breeze DSP. The two panels on top are Choc Chip and Kraft, both of which were attacked quite ferociously with my Bone Folder to create the Suede look. I then added one of my Sizzlets Lots of Tags... Label.. I have quite the little stash of these after creating my Convention Swaps... so thought I'd use one of them here.. hahaha.. and that's been sponged with some Choc Ink to soften it up a little bit. The stamp set I used is Party Heart and I've also added a little bit of paper piercing around the two panels.

I think this needed a little something else, but after fiddling with it too much and not like what I did and then having to re-attach the Choc Chip panel, I decided to leave it be. hahaha

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper's for some amazing inspiration:-
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Party Hearty
Card:- Baja Breeze, Choc Chip, Naturals Ivory, Baja Breeze DSP, Kraft

Ink:-
Choc Chip, Baja Breeze
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Big Shot, Sizzlets Lots of Tags, Sponges, Paper piercer and mat, Circle punches

8 Comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

I really LOVE this!!! I so know the feeling though of playing far too much and then... well you go back to the original and then wonder why on earth did I play with it in the first place!!?? funny indeed!!
Hugs Sharnee (and Esther!!)
xx

Unknown said...

That faux suede is stunning!

Lynn Put said...

Great card Sarah! Love the colors and faux suede!

Karen Motz said...

Love that faux suede...it looks wonderful!!

Nancy Riley said...

That faux suede is DREAMY !!! Love it !!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Amazing design, love that faux suede!!!

Karen Giron said...

Loving the faux suede!! The baja breeze with chocolate is yummy!! Gorgeous card, as usual my friend!!

Lee said...

Hey SJ, your faux suede is so real looking!!! Your card is absolutely perfect as it is, but it is missing something..... PINK!!! hehehehe. Must go give my bone folder a work out now :)

Lee x