Janeybell

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Party Hearty!!!!

I thought I'd pop in quickly and show you the card I made for this months Card Challenge over at Challenge Heaven. Each month the amazing Shell comes up with a variety of challenges.. mainly Scrapping.. and let me tell you there are some AMAZING ladies over there... creating the most BEAUTIFUL work!!! But, she also decided to add in a Card Challenge.. so each month I create a card which is posted as the sample and then at the end of the month one lucky person WINS the card I create. FUN.. Right?

Yes.. I know it's VERY late to be posting a card for a challenge which started some 23 days ago.. oops SORRY!!! But I figured it's better late than never.. hahaha.

Sooooo... here be said card in all it's LATE glory!!! hahaha


And here is a look at the sketch used for this months challenge.. it's from PageMaps... FUN.. isn't it???


I'm actually really pleased with how this turned out. Actually this is THE card that started my FAUX Suede craze.. and I assure you it hasn't ended.. I'm currently working on another card that will have .. YEP.. more Fauxness!!! hahaha

The colour combo I've used is Baja Breeze, Naturals Ivory and Soft Suede.. and I reckon you could use this one for a guy or a gal... always an achievement don't you think... and either or card!!! hahaha

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Party Hearty
Card:- Baja Breeze, Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede
Ink:- Soft Suede, Baja Breeze
Accessories:- Apron Lace Punch (Fiskars), Piercing Tool and Mat, Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Soft Suede Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware (retired)

2 Comments:

About Me said...

Ahhhh - its only Wednesday and you posted, I didn't have to wait till Friday after all!!! hhehhehe
Great great card - so totally love all those colours together and I especially love how the scallop circle seems to pop off the page against the blue and suede. Love it love it love it. And are you going to to a tutorial for the faux suede??? :) You are sooo good at it!!! xxx

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I love this Sarah! I've been so busy using Party Hearty with bright, bold colours that it hadn't even occurred to me to use these (some of my favourite!) colours. Looks fantastic. I'm with Adele - when's your faux suede tutorial going up??!!! SURELY you're more practised at it than anyone now!