Janeybell

Friday, February 6, 2009

Cards for BOYS!!

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy for me, with a Calendar Class (which is a Scrapbooking Project using the Days to Remember 12x12 Calendar)... and a HUGE project no less, a Birthday Book Class, which went soooo well and a Cards for BOYS Stamp-a-Stack.

I thought I'd share with you the cards that the lovely ladies who came to the SAS made. Let me just say though, that along with many many other blogging and stampin' buddies, I REALLY and I mean REALLY struggle to come up with BOYS cards, so this was a HUGE challenge for me, but one that I really enjoyed... it did most definately put me right out of my comfort zone.. that zone of course being PINK, RIBBON, GLITTER etc... oooh I still get a bit nervous and anxious when I mention it. BUT... I did manage to come up with a selection of cards which most definately contained not an ounce of PINK, nor a sparkle of glitter... I must admit though I did have to add a touch of ribbon on two of them.... well a Girly Girl can't give up everything all at once can she???

So.. here they are:-


First up are my two cards which contain Ribbon... I used Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain... so it was still BOYSIE!!!!


This first one I used Pumpkin Pie as the base and used my Jersey Shore DSP as the strip down the side. I also used my Spiral Punch just to add a bit of ...mmm well I guess dimension and then used my It's your Birthday stamp set in Brilliant Blue and layered it onto a small square of Brilliant Blue Card.

The second one is a similar layout.... well as far as the DSP and Ribbon, then I added the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from Cheery Chat onto a piece of Pumpkin Pie which I attacked again with my Spiral Punch and them popped it up on some Dimensionals.


The next two cards you may have seen before on my Blog here and here. The first of course being the card I created for my little God Son Lachie for his birthday.... lots of layers here... we started with Kraft then layered it with Real Red, Blue Bayou (this layer of which was punched with my Crop-a-dile before inserting some awesome Jumbo Eyelets), then the middle layers are Whisper White, Bashful Blueand then some more Kraft, Real Red, Bashful Blue and some torn layers of Blue Bayou for the waves. The Boat is from Nursery Necessities and I used Brilliant Blue, Real Red and Chocolate Chip to colour it.




The second card originally when posted didn't include the two silver Brads, which I added after the first post and never got around to re-posting... I think it looks much better with them added... who would've thought that two teenie weenie silver brads could make such a difference to the overall look. Anyway, this card uses mainly Brilliant Blue, with a layer of Whisper White. The Star is stamped in VersaMark and then embossed with White embossing powder and is from the Nursery Necessities set. I then cut out a small star with my star punch and attached it with a silver brad. I also used some silver cord (NON SU!) ... oooh some more ribbon like stuff... hahaha. The sentiment was stamped in Whisper White Ink and is from Big Bold Birthday.

And finally the last card uses Really Rust as the base and to that I've added a strip of Outlaw DSP then used some Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow and Very Vanilla for the centre layers. The stars were punched out with my star punch and are in Really Rust and Creamy Caramel and then outlined with my Choc Chip Marker to add some more dimension.



So there you go.... I can make cards with out any PINK or Glitter and almost without any ribbon.

Sarah
xx

2 Comments:

peata said...

sweet cards.
making mini albums
mini album blog

Liam said...

Love these boy cards. Boy cards are so hard to do. Great ideas. thanks for sharing.

Liam