Janeybell

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stars for Boys!!!

I've got a 'Cards for Boys' Stamp-a-Stack coming up... I request from the lovely Sammy (Hi Sammy!!)....which let me tell you has been quite the challenge!!!! ME... creating cards with NO Pink, NO Ribbon (well almost none!!!) and NO Flowers... Gosh...it was tough.. but I've managed to come up with a couple.

Here is one that I made up last night... now I'm not altogether happy with the finished product, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway... maybe you have a few suggestions to help it!!!!... I think I'll need to sit and stare at it a bit longer.. I'll either become happy with it or I'll figure out what I need to do to it... hahaha.

Anyway enough waffle.. here it is:-

I've used Brilliant Blue card stock for the base with a layer of Whisper White and another of Brilliant Blue. The base of the card is stamped with a stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I've used the 'Star' from Nursery Necessities which I've embossed with White embossing powder and layered a small punched blue star all held together with a silver brad. (Maybe it's a couple of brads in the top corner it needs... mmm will have to play.). The sentiment is from Big Bold Birthday and the small star I used was from my Season's of Joy Stamp set... I like it because it has an outline on it and give a bit more dimension. Oh I've also used some silver cord which I had left over from Chrissy Present wrapping.

I hope you like and PLEASE let me know any suggestions you might have!!!

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Seasons of Joy, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Nursery Necessities
Card:- Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Ink:- Whisper White, VersaMark, Brilliant Blue
Accessories:- Silver Brad, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, Silver Cord (not SU!).

3 Comments:

Karen said...

LOVE it Sarah! Cards for boys are always tricky!!

Thanks for wishing Maddy a great birthday!!

Luv

KT

Anonymous said...

I love it too ! Looks great as it is but your idea of a couple of brads could add a bit extra!

Julie Allain said...

Hi Sarah I love your card...I always struggle with male cards x