Janeybell

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #6

Yep... I'm back!!! Two posts in the same night... WOW!!!

Anyway.. I missed Karen's 'Sweet Sunday Sketch' last week because my BEAUTIFUL family and I were away camping (you can read all about it here), but I'm back this week to participate and I think I will JUST make it in time.

Here is the sketch that Karen gave us to work with:-


And here is the card I came up with:-


Now this is a VERY DIFFERENT colour combo for me... I started with my usual SAFE colours of PINK and GREEN, but thought it was about time I got brave and tried something new... sooooo out came my Colour Coach and it ASSURED me that these colours would go together.

So the base is Choc Chip and I've layered it with some pieces of the Prints DSP in So Saffron and Rose Red, then added another layer of Choc Chip and Whisper White which I've stamped my image on using the gorgeous Botanical Blooms , one of the Sale-a-bration sets. Given Sale-a-bration ends here in OZ tomorrow, I thought I'd give it one last hoorah!!! I've stamped the image in So Saffron and Certainly Celery and the sentiment is from Short and Sweet and also stamped in So Saffron (I'm actually thinking that I possibly should've stamped it in Rose Red, but never mind!!) I also added some Certainly Celery Wide Grosgrain across the centre and some Certainly Celery Brads on either side. I don't have any Rose Red Ribbon (Unbelievable I KNOW!!! - I MUST get some!!) so I used my trusty Rose Red Marker and coloured in some Very Vanilla Wide Grosgrain to create my little tag.

Hope you like my BRAVE attempt!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Botanical Blooms, Short and Sweet
Card:- Choc Chip, Whisper White, Prints DSP in Rose Red and So Saffron
Ink:- So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Accessories:- Certainly Celery Brads, Certainly Celery Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Very Vanilla Ribbon (Wide) and Rose Red Marker.

3 Comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love your yellow flowers! This is a beautiful card and I like the little ribbon tag too. Well done! Sounds like you had a great trip and I think it's in a baby's nature to keep parents awake on trips, isn't it? haha! Glad you are back this week.

Shell Turner said...

Hi,I love the cards you create and your blog, can you please tell me what a colour coach is though? I've never heard of one.

SharonD said...

This is lovely. Well done for being brave with your colour choice.