Janeybell

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #4

Hello... I'm back!!! This is seriously some sort of record. TWO Blog posts in less than an hour. WOW!!
It's Sweet Sunday Sketch time again over at Karen's gorgeous blog and for two weeks running I've managed to get my card made. (I'm giving myself a little pat on the back here!!! hahaha).

Here is the sketch that Karen gave us to work with:-


When I first took a peek of the sketch for this week I actually let out a little squeel of delight.... funny you may say, but I've been wanting to make a card like this for ages, AND I've wanted to make it using my Spring Fling DSP... however... the card you are about to see doesn't actually contain ANY Spring Fling DSP whatsoever, mainly because if I'd used it my card would've been an identical 'Card' twin of Karen's. Soooo I put my thinking cap back on and came up with something quite different to what I would normally make, I think I was having a BRAVE moment. And, you will be quite shocked to see that there is NO PINK, yep that's right NO PINK in this card at all, in fact, I'm going to add it to my BOYS card collection. So here it is:-


I've used Chocolate Chip as the base and layered it with some paper from the Outlaw DSP pack then added a layer of Soft Sage on top of that to adhere the circle to. I actually roughed up the edges of the Sage layer, probably just to make it a little more boysie!!!! hahaha. The circles are just bits from the Outlaw pack also and I've just mounted those onto some Very Vanilla so they didn't look so lost. I added some Choc Chip Wide Grosgrain and used a bit of my Hodgepodge Hardware (which is a tad neglected, I really must use it more often!!) and then stamped the sentiment in Choc Chip onto Very Vanilla. The sentiment is from the Hostess Set 'So Many Sayings'.

So there you go.. my card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch. I hope you like it.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- So Many Sayings (Level 1 Hostess)
Card:- Chocolate Chip, Soft Sage, Outlaw DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink:- Choc Chip
Accessories:- Choc Chip Wide Grosgrain, Hodgepodge Hardware, Cutter Kit.

8 Comments:

Alanna said...

Wow, this card is fabulous. I'm literally blown away. I love the papers you used and how you tied the ribbon.

Karen Giron said...

Look at all those yummy browns! You should still make a card with your Spring Fling paper! It will be cute!! Love this card - thanks for playing!

AMY FLEMING said...

This is adorable!!! I am really looking forward to when my outlaw paper arrives :) TFS

One Klassy Chick said...

Awesome card Sar! Great job with the sketch :)

S x

Shari Bielefeld said...

Terrific card! I love it!!

Danneil Linardi said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah!!!! Love the way that you have used the DSP!!! Very effective!
Dan. x

Anonymous said...

I love the colours, the paper and the way you tied your ribbon! Looks fabulous!

Catherine said...

I love the colours and the DSP used.
I love the effective design you came up with it.