Janeybell

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kristina's Colour Challenge #43

FINALLY!!!! I'm participating in Kristina's Colour Inspriation Challenge this week... it's been a while since I've managed to sit down and make a card for it, and I'm so excited that I made it this week.

Here is the Inspiration picture for this week:-


The colours are Pumpkin Pie, Choc Chip, Ruby Red, Old Olive and Brocade Blue... Believe it or not I DON'T actually have ANY Brocade Blue so I've substituted and used Bashful Blue... I'm sure Kristina will forgive me!!!!

And here is the card I came up with:-

Again, a colour combo which is way outside of my comfort zone, that being PINK and GREEN (granted however there is a shade of green in this card!!)

I started with Whisper White and added a layer of Chocolate Chip to it and tied some Choc Chip Wide Grosgrain and White Ribbon together around the top. Then I used my Round Tab Punch to cut a piece of Blue, Olive, Ruby Red and Pumpkin Pie to make the larger circle behind the Scallop Circle. I've used the Sale-a-Bration set 'Congrats' for the sentiment which was coloured using my markers. The buttons are Pumkin Pie (coloured with my marker), Ruby Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue and Choc Chip (also coloured with my marker).

Quite a simple looking card, but I hope you like it.

Thanks for dropping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Congrats (Sale-a-Bration)
Card:- Whisper White, Choc Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Ruby Red
Ink:- Whisper White
Accessories:- Old Olive, Choc Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Bashful Blue Markers, Glue Dots, SU! Buttons (Earth Elements, Soft Subtles, Earth Elements Neutral), Dimensionals, Choc Chip Wide Grosgrain, White Ribbon

4 Comments:

Shell Turner said...

very nice!! You know, I think I'm addicted to your blog :)

Winter said...

Very pretty!

{PurpleD} said...

How sweet! Simple, but very original!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Sarah ... this is STUNNING! I love it! So totally fantastic for the colours!