Janeybell

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Lachie

Tomorrow is our Godson Lachie's Birthday. We had is party on Saturday and I thought I'd show you all the card I made for him.
Now most of you know that I do indeed struggle to make BOYS cards... apart from the fact that they aren't generally too keen on Pink or Flowers, I just don't seem to be able to come up with as many funky ideas as I can for girls. My group of lovely ladies who attend my SAS nights have also challenged me to come up with a 'Cards for Boys' night, sooooo ladies... here is a sneek peak also of one of the cards that will be on the agenda!!!

I hope you like!!!

Now I'm sure I saw a card similar to this somewhere... but I can't for the life of me remember, so if you know where please let me know so I can link it back!!!!

Anyhoo... for this card I've used the Nursery Necessities Set for the Boat and Short and Sweet for the sentiment. Firstly I used Kraft Card stock as the base and then layered it with some Real Red and Blue Bayou, which I've stamped the bottom of with the star from the Nursery Necessities set and also punched some Jumbo Eylets using my 'Crop-a-dile' ( a nice new toy, which we will play with at our next SAS too!!!). I've added a strip of Whisper White and Bashful Blue and the boat is stamped onto some whisper white white after been inked up with Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Brilliant Blue Ink. It was then layerd on Kraft, Real Red and Bashful Blue Card. The waves were made by tearing some Blue Bayou cardstock and inking the top with my Brilliant Blue Ink Pad. I also used my Piercing Mat and Needle to do some Faux Stitching on the Bashful Blue Layer.

I was quite proud of the BOYS card... not an ounce of Pink or a flower to be seen. hahaha.

Hope you like and I hope Lachie liked it too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACHIE!!!!

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Nursery Necessities, Short and Sweet
Card:- Kraft, Real Red, Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Ink:- Brilliant Blue, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Versa Mark
Accessories:- Crop-a-dile, Jumbo Eyelets, Piercing Mat, Needle, Dimensionals.

0 Comments: