Janeybell

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Be Happy.. Summer

Hi There!!! I've got a quick post for you, but will hopefully be back soon with some more goodies to share.

The card I've made is actually a replica of this one, but I decided to give it a go in a different colour scheme... something a little more summery!!! Hope you like it....

This time around I've based my colours on the 'Summer Picnic DSP' which isn't available at the moment (fingers crossed it makes it into the NEW CATTIE!!!!). So, my base was Certainly Celery, which I stamped with my Polka Dot Background Stamp and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. Then I went about layering... we've got Whisper White with a scallop edge of Bashful Blue DSP from Summer Picnic, then Certainly Celery which I dry embossed with my Crop-a-dile. I added some Old Olive Wide Grosgrain Ribbon and my flowers are from the DieCut Blooms (also unfortunately unavailable at the moment, but hopefully not for long) in Real Red, and Bashful Blue. The centre flower is Old Olive and is from my Felt Fusion Goodie Tin!!! The leaves are stamped in Old Olive and are from my GORGEOUS Bodacious Bouquet set (a set which UNFORTUNATELY is going to be retiring, sooooo if you want this set let me know ASAP... because once it's gone... it's GONE!!!! Oh, and the flowers on the top are just cut out from some more of the delcious Summer Picnic DSP. The sentiment is stamped in Real Red and is from my very well used So Many Sayings set.

So there you go... Which one do you prefer... the one from this post (in Autumn Browns and Oranges) or this one.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Bodacious Bouquet, So Many Sayings
Card:- Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP
Ink:- Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories:- Real Red and Bashful Blue Markers (to outline the flowers), Silver Brad, Dimensionals, Crop-a-dile, Old Olive Wide Grosgrain, Scallop Edge Punch, Linen Thread.

0 Comments: