Janeybell

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kristina's Colour Challenge #37

I am so glad to be playing along with Kristina's Colour Challenge this week. I've missed the last few due to Chrissy, Birthdays and New Years. But, I was determined to have a go this week.

Here is the Inspiration picture for this week:-


The colours are Old Olive, Baja Breeze (I;ve used Soft Sky... we don't have Baja Breeze just yet!), Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White.

And here is what I came up with... let me tell you though.. It didn't come out at all like I had pictured it in my head... but here it is anyway:-


I actually based this card on a this card I made last year... I really liked the layout so thought I'd have another go at it but with different colours and theme.

I've used Chocolate Chip as the base of the card and have clear embossed using my Polka Dot background stamp, then I've layered some Whisper White and a piece of Soft Sky which I've scalloped and then another layer of Chocolate Chip, which I dry embossed with my Crop-a-dile.. It just gives it another bit of dimension.
I've used flowers from my Felt Fusion (the small ones) and also from my Die Cuts (from the recent Spring Mini) , which I also added a little more dimension by outlining them with my Markers ( and I have to say... WHY DID IT TAKE ME SOOOO LONG TO GET SOME OF THESE???? . One of the few pieces of stamping on this card are the leaves which I've stamped in Old Olive from my Bodacious Bouquet set. The only other bit of stamping is the sentiment 'be happy' which is from my So Many Sayings Set ( Hostess Level 1). Ive stamped that in Pumpkin Pie and layered it onto a small piece of Soft Sky. Finally it is all tied off with a piece of Old Olive Wide Grosgrain and them mounted up on Dimensionals.

Well I hope you like my card for this week. I'll be back soon with some more goodies to show you.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Bodacious Bouquet (Leaves), So Many Sayings
Card:- Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink:- Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie Marker, Old Olive Marker, Versa Mark
Accessories:- Die Cuts (Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive), Silver Brads, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, Old Olive Wide Grosgrain Ribbon

43 Comments:

Fiona Yeoh said...

love this!

Yankee in England said...

What A lovely card!

CarissaCalhoun said...

definitely a winner!!

Traveling Mama said...

Glad you found the time this week! Super cute card! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

love this - a fab card!

Kate's Life said...

Love your card!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love how all the texture just wants to make me touch it! What a beautiful card!

Sarah said...

So pretty, I love all the texture on your card!

Jennifer Kirk said...

Oh, I just love how you layered those flowers!

Karen Giron said...

This is beautiful! I love the flowers and the soft sky looks wonderful with the chocolate. Fantastic job.

Anonymous said...

Wow Sarah! I loved your "Scarlett" card and this one is fabulous too!! Great job!

Abby said...

oooh this is awesome! Something about this card just makes me smile!

Holly Jones said...

Lovely! Nice job!

Sherri said...

that's lovely - great dimension!

Anonymous said...

love those embossed dots - the card is really pretty!

Tracey Old said...

love, love love your card well done.

Jean McKenzie said...

What a striking card. Love the CAD dots and the flowers! How do you get your photos so clear?

Leonie said...

This is a great layout, great job :)

Diane Barnes said...

Fabulous. Love all the texture you've included. Best wishes, Di

zcdl said...

Lovely Card :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Great card - love the texture and layout!!!

Caroline said...

Lovely card - well done!

Mary said...

Love all the dots!

Leigh said...

I really like this card. Great use of the crop a dile and also love the stamped leaves coming from your die cut and felt fusion flower.

Sam said...

This is such a beautiful card Sarah. You've done a great job!

All the best,
Sam.

Melissa Sauls said...

Wow wow wow! A sure winner! Beautiful job.

sideoats + scribbles said...

WOW, this is so great! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Love the whimsical dry-embossed dots! Great card!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous... looks like a top 10 to me!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

This is gorgeous! Love your work!! Great Job!!! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty! What a wonderful design! Love the embossing! :D

Brooke S said...

Love it! So sharp,clean,and classy.. Enjoyed looking at your blog... Cute picture of you and your little ladybug.
Hugs
Brooke

AMY FLEMING said...

Wow!!!! This card is amazing very cool!!!

Sankari W. said...

THis is soooo beautiful Sarah - I love the dimensions and the texture and the layout - beautiful beautiful! Love it!!

so great to see more of you on FBK!!! yay!!

sending you big hugs ,
Sankari :)

Sankari W. said...

Congrats on the Top 25 win Sarah!!! YAY!!!
big hugs from across the ocean!!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Congratulations! I just knew this one would be a winner, yay! :)

Danneil Linardi said...

TOP 25!!!! Yay for you Sarah!!!! This is a great reward for a gorgeous card!

nannyjkm said...

Congratulations Sarah....I loved this card as soon as I saw it on Kristina's blog.

Ramona Michaluk said...

This card has true WOW factor!
The deep rich chocolate looks stunning against the colourful flower - great job!

Nancy L. said...

such a beautiful card! congrats on the top 25!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! looks very 3D!

Stamp With Linz said...

Great texture! Love the look!

Tracy said...

such a lovely textured card Sarah! well done on reaching the top 25. There were so many entries this time around. i dont know how Kristina does it??