Janeybell

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #91

Happy Sunday!!! It's time for another FABULOUS Sweet Sunday Sketch!!!

Today I've kept mine nice and CAS!!! Oh and a little Christmassy too!!! Gotta get that STASH all ready ... there isn't really that long to go!!! And when it comes to mass producing Christmas cards... i've found (the HARD way) that CAS is definately the way to go!!

Soooo.... here is my card:-


And here is the Sketch:-


I've used a little creative license this week... and flipped the oval but left the stripes going the same way as the sketch... oohhh.. RULE BREAKER.. right?... bwhahah

I am LOVING my Contemp Christmas set at the moment... oh wait.. you've probably guessed that considering my last .. um.. FOUR posts have all used it!!! .. I can't promise that there will be a break in that transmission any time soon... hahaha.

I've used Crumb Cake (Kraft), Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler (LOVING!!!) for this card. The tree was stamped in Old Olive and the base coloured using my Marker and stamped onto Vanilla cardstock and then a little Rhinestone was put up onto the star.... Chrissy trees need sparkle ... right? hahah. I then added a scalloped border around the image in Cherry Cobbler ( did I mention LOVE at the moment!!) To get the little scallop border I punched out two Scallop Ovals using my SU! Punch then Cut one of the in half length ways and attached to either side of the the tree image then cut the top and bottom of the other scallop and attached to the top and bottom of the image... have I confused you???? if you want more deets just let me know!!

The strips going across the card are made by attaching double sided tape and plonking the entire contents of my Dazzling Diamonds pot on to them then replonking the contents back into the pot before brushing away the left over sparkles... my desk and I are VERY sparkly at the moment!! hahaha

That's pretty much it!!! See CAS!!!

Be sure to visit the fabulous Sweet SUnday Stampers for some AMAZING inspiration:-

(Jen is having a few weeks off, but do pop on over and give her a HUG!!!)
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Contempo Christmas
Card:- Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobler
Ink:- Early Espresso, Old Olive
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Scallop Oval Punch, Rhinestones, Large Oval Punch, Dazzling Diamonds

8 Comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

Love the plonking!!! SO gorgeous!! My set has now arrived and awaiting some inking, sooo excited!!! Love that i already has wonderful, fabulous ideas thanks to the very talented YOU!!
Hope your weekend was super, look forward to more contempo ideas soon! he he!
Hugs and SMiles
Sharnee :0)

About Me said...

YAY for Sunday!!! Its taken such a very long time this week - so glad its finally here!! hehehehe. And your making me love that set too - very very simple but elegant and nice all at the same time. LOVE Cherry Cobbler too and think I've worked out your instructions for the scalloped border! hehehehe. Lovely job AGAIN SJ - now to wait till next Sunday!?!?!?!?!? :( hehehe

Karen Giron said...

What a stunning take on the sketch! Love that glitter and that tree!! Oh my!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love your contempo Christmas card Sarah!!! That glitter is awesome in the BG!! So cute!!

Tracey said...

Click and save...another for my SJ shrine!

Tx

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful Christmas card Sarah! I'm glad I'm not the only rule breaker, lol. I love how you created the glittery stripes behind this pretty tree!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Cool take on the sketch...love those glittered strips!!

KimB said...

What a little super cutie of a card Sarah! Very clever work with your scallop edging and the glittery stripes :)
Kim