Janeybell

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #90

Happy Sunday!!! It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!!!

Today's sketch was AMAZING to work with.. REALLY it was... I had my card whipped up in no time... which is AWESOME.. considering I started making it about an hour BEFORE it was due to be posted.. tsk.. tsk.. hahaha

So here is my card for this week:-


And here is the FABULOUS sketch:-


I've used my NEW and FABULOUS stamp set Contemp Christmas!! LOVING this set!! and MY NEW Jolly Holiday DSP.. LOVELY!!! I've also used some retired Kiwi Kiss (only because I've got a Stamp-a-Stack this week and need EVERY scrap of my Old Olive.. oops!!!) The scallop along the width of the card is Cherry Cobler and I've added some also retired Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, although if you had some white taffeta ribbon you could colour it to Cherry Cobbler.. CLEVER.. right?!!!

The tree is stamped in Kiwi Kiss and Choc Chip for the trunk and the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler!! Ooh and I've also added a little Rhinestone to the top of the tree for a little bling!!

Be sure to visit the fabulous Sweet SUnday Stampers for some AMAZING inspiration:-
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

AND...... DOn't forget to wish the FABULOUS Lynn a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Happy, Happy Birthday Lynn!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Contemp Christmas
Card:- Kiwi Kiss, Jolly Holiday DSP, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobler
Ink:- Kiwi Kiss, Cherry Cobler, Choc Chip
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Punch, Rhinestones, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Buttons

6 Comments:

About Me said...

Ahhhh thank you SOOOO MUCh for the tip about colouring the ribbon!!!!! I have been wondering how to get my hands on some red ribbon (other then real red) and was thinking I was going to have to stalk out ebay but your idea is PERFECT!!!!! YAY!!!! And I LOVE your card - am starting to really like this stamp set myself for its simplicity and striking images and of course those words. 'sigh' so happy its a sunday!!! :) xxx

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Sarah!! Love that stamp set!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

You aced this sketch! Love that little curly tree and the ribbon is perfect to separate the sentiment! The ribbon tab and button are fabulous as an embellie!!

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Sarah! I love the Kiwi with the Cherry Cobbler using this set!

Sharnee Torrents said...

Such an amazing card lovely Sarah!!! As for your ornament one!! Well you know my feeling on that one, so much so that I HAD to buy the set and now (well in a week) it will be in my hot little hands awaiting some ink!! YAY! YAY! YAY!
Smiles and hugs SHarnee :0)

Karen Giron said...

Ooooh, I'm loving that tree!! What a gorgeous card with all the scallopy goodness! Yum!