Janeybell

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #71

Happy Sunday!!! Hope you've had a fabulous weekend. Of course it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch.. and this week is GORGEOUS!!

Here is my card:-


And here is Karen's GORGEOUS sketch:-


I don't often use ovals on my cards... BUT I actually really enjoyed making this card.
I hope I haven't frightened you off with my HUGE bow... but I actually really like it now that I've had time to sit and look at it a bit...hahaha... what do you think???

I've used Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, and Certainly Celery as my colour combo.. I love how they all complement each other so nicely. The base is Baja Breeze with a little panel of Soft Suede and Baja Breeze DSP. I've used my Vintage Vogue set (LOVING this set!!!) and stamped the"F" stamp in Soft Suede then stamped the other images from the set in Certainly Celery and Pink Pirouette.
To get my scallop around the Oval I used my Scallop Oval Punch and then attached them around the Oval. The PINK Panel and BOW are made using my EXTRA wide Pink Pirouette Ribbon... GORGEOUS and the extra flowers are stamped in Pink Pirouette, sponged with Regal Rose and have a little Pink Rhinestone added to the centre.

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper's for some amazing inspiration:-
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Vintage Vogue
Card:- Baja Breeze, Soft Suede Naturals Ivory, Baja Breeze DSP

Ink:-
Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose
Accessories:- Dimensionals, 2-way Glue Pen, Pink Rhinestones, Pink Pirouette EXTRA Wide Grosgrain (retired), Glue Dots, Scallop Oval Punch

17 Comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO gorgeous!! Love that big bow!! Ok, I can't resist...

I like big bows and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny!

Bwahahaha!

jamfiescreations1 said...

Beautiful card. So elegant.

Jen Tapler said...

LOVE it!! ESPECIALLY the bow! It's perfect!

Patrice said...

I love your card! Gorgeous colours.

Lee said...

Oh dear, I'm in LOVE!! This card is wonderful and fabulous!! Love the colours, love the oval and LURVVVVE that bow!!!!

Lee x

Joanna said...

I love your card! Your bow is fantastic! Isn't Vintage Vogue wonderful! Hugs, Joanna

Fiona Harrison said...

Stunning card, love those colours and, of course, my fav stamp set.
Got some lovely compliments on the pretty notepad that you gave me. My Mum really liked it.
Fi x

Nancy Riley said...

What a great card! That bow is awesome! ... so girly! STUNNING !!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this and that bow is soooo fabulous!!!

Louise Layton said...

Oooooh I LOVE it!!! It's beautiful Sarah. I love the oval so much- have never thought to do an oval- may have to be having a go at that too!!! And you may just have to be giving me a lesson on doing such a super fab bow when next I see you.
x x x Lou

Anonymous said...

WOW now THAT'S a bow! Very beautiful Sarah....such lovely colours. Loved your convention wrap....am seriously thinking of threatening to hold my breath till the other SJK does hers. It sounds like you had a fabulous time. {A} Mary

AJ said...

Love it to bits, Sarah! This is so gorgeous. xx Amanda

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Sarah!!!

Lynn Put said...

Oh WOW I love this pink bow!!! How do you get your bows to look so great? Your card is beautiful, the Vintage Vogue set and the way you stamped the flowers around the "F" looks wonderful!

Anthonette said...

Beautiful card! The bow is perfect.

lescrapden@th said...

Hello Sarah,
I really love what you make, so I put today an article on my blog with reference to yours I hope all the people who follow me will come to see your blog,you can see my article here:
http://lescrapdenath.over-blog.fr/article-mon-coup-de-coeur-du-mercredi-51515921.html
thank you for having a look and leting me a comment I will be very honored
nathalie from France

Sarah Klass said...

Wow, this is amazing! Just beautiful SJ and that bow....!