Janeybell

Friday, April 16, 2010

Inkspiration Sketch #21



appy Friday!!! It's time for another Inkspiration Challenge and this week it's everybody's FAVOURITE... a SKETCH!!!... I do LOVE a sketch. I have to say this one is one of my FAVES from Keesh... really easy to work with, FABULOUS.

Here's my card for today:-


After I'd gotten my post ready, I was just kinda sitting and looking at my card and thought it needed a little something, something!!!
So, I added a little ruffle along the Kraft ribbon... What do you think. I must apologise for my photo... I'll get a better one up as soon as my computer is being a little more amicable... it's running a BIG bit slow today!!! arrgg


And here's Keesh's FABULOUS sketch:-


I've kept mine really Clean and Simple today.. actually the only part that is stamped is the sentiment!!!!
I've been dying to use my little "Sweet Pea" flowers.. oh my goodness... they are SERIOUSLY GORGEOUS!!!!!... They were a sweet little pressie I got a few weeks ago... and well one of those little pressies that you just have to sit and look at for a wee while, whilst mustering up the gumption to actually USE them on a project... also one of those well little gifties that you simply MUST give to someone special, someone you know will admire these little treasures in all their glory and NEVER, EVER dispose of them... hahaha. Ok I'll stop with my Sweet Pea obsession now... oh but wait... SORRY!!.. I used some more of my SWEET PEA DSP... have I mentioned that that is as DIVINE as the little flowers.. and just as hard to CUT into... hahaha... Anyone else have that problem... having all this PRETTY paper, and not being able to CUT it!!! hahah

Ok.. back to the card.. I've also used some Rose Red 1" Dbl Stitched Grosgrain and some Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, and plonked some more brads into some SPARKLES to add a wee bit of BLING!!!

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the talented Inkspiration DT for some more amazing inspiration:-







Cindy
Kirsty
Chantelle
Renee
Teneale
Makeesha
Louise Ryan (Our Guest Designer)


Don't forget to link your card to Mr Linky on Keesh's blog too, so that we can all have a looksie at what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:

Stamps:- Basic Phrases
Card:- Choc Chip, Kraft, Sweet Pea DSP

Ink:- Choc Chip
Accessories:- 1" Dbl Stitched Rose Red Grosgrain, Sweet Pea Flowers, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Brads, Glitter, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon

10 Comments:

Chantelle said...

Sweet and super cute Sarah.

Karen said...

Oh yeah baby!!! That ruffle just added that somethin' spesh! GORGEOUS CARD SJ!

Oh and BTW - I know exactly what you mean about those flowers cause I have some too. They are beautiful and I just wanna hoard them and never use them! lol

K
x

Fiona Harrison said...

So cute. These flowers are on my wishlist (actually planned to get some as a little treat for you at Convention, doh!!) I just love them!

Fiona Harrison said...

PS you are now the ruffled ribbon queen, looks fabbo!

Renée said...

I love both version, but the second definitely has a little more "oomph"! The ruffled ribbon was a perfect addition!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Sarah-Jane. I do love those flowers and I also would want to hoard them. I do that with a lot of my stuff. Sad isn't it?! I love the ruffled ribbon one!
Kirsty

viv sawyer said...

Hi, I tried to find Mr Linky to enter my inspiration sketch #21 but coould not. maybe it is over??? So, if you want to check it out go to my blog.

Makeesha Byl said...

WOW love those sweet peas Sar! So totally JELOUS you have them in your stash! Love the clean crisp look bu the ruffles really look noice too! Thanks for your inspiration this week. Love keesh x

Teneale Williams said...

LOVE IT.... Hello…. SJ made it so it is always going to be amazing! How effective is the ribbon on the second card. I wish we had the Sweet Pea range here is Australia.

Sarah Klass said...

Well I'd just like to report that this card is even better in real life when it appears in your own mailbox!!!!!!

Holy cow, what a happy mail day I had today :)

Thanks so much SJ and as for the sentiments written on the inside...very mutual my friend :)

Love ya,
S x