Janeybell

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #118

Happy Sunday!!! I hope you've had a FABULOUS week.. it's time of course for another Sweet Sunday Sketch!!! I LOVED working with this one... perhaps it's because I think my MOJO has FINALLY returned!!.. It seemed to have gone into early retirement for a while... BUT... a BIG SU! COnvention has excited it enough to FINALLY come out!! YAY!!

Sooo.. here is my card for today's sketch:-


And here is the fabulous sketch for you to play along with:-


I've used my NEW Sew Suite stamp set today and gone a little bit girly vintage!!!
I'm SO pleased with how it turned out.. its not often an "IDEA" makes it to "CARD" and actually turns out as I'd planned.. so yep.. MAJOR happy dance going on here!!! hahaha

I thought it would be fun to make a little Vintage Lace skirt using my Victoria Crochet Trim and then made a little belt with some Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon with a little Pearl Jewel as the buckle and of course a little Pearl necklace.

Instead of scallops I made a lace ruffle and added another little Early Espresso 'belt" with a little Espresso bow.. which was made by colouring my retired Kraft (Crumb Cake) Taffeta Ribbon with my SU! Marker!! and because I was SO impatient I actually made the bow first and then coloured it in... see.. now waiting for it to dry!!! LOVE that!!! :D

The rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper's have some AMAZING cards to show you too... sooooo... off you go.. go visit them and be INSPIRED:-

And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-
Stamps:-  Sew Suite, Apple Blossom
Paper:- Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Blushing Bride DSP
Ink:- Crumb Cake,  Early Espresso
Accessories:- Dimensionals,Victoria Crochet Trim, Pearl Jewels, Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Early Espresso Marker,

21 Comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Well, I for one never thought your mojo had gone anywhere ... just popped in to say I LOVE what you have done with this card with the lace and pearls on the dressmaker's model - too cute.

Anonymous said...

This card is GORGEOUS! Very elegant.

Lee said...

LOVE it SJ!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! Adore the lacy skirt & the pearl bling! Totally rocked this sketch girlfriend! xx

Christine Blain said...

This is so sweet and girly; just LOVE that lace skirt, and the pearls. Clever girl!

Fiona Harrison said...

Sarah- Jane,
That card is sooooo gorgeous!!, I LOVE it, the colours, the cute little lace skirt, the stamp set, just divine.
Cheers,
Fi xox

nannyjkm said...

Now that is very lovely SJ x

Claire said...

OMG SJ, that's quite possibly the most gorgeous creation I have ever seen. Reminds me of hiw gorgeous you looked at awards night. Such a clever use of embellishments and that is my fave colour combo too xx

Mr Francis said...

how STUNNING!!!!!! I LOVE it! Especially that gorgeous dress on the rack thingy - too cute! And yes, I'm sure a big SU Convention can help boost the creativity - that must be why mine is absent!?!?! heheheh. Can't wait to catch more photo's from your awesome time there :) LOVE the card, just yummy! xxx

AJ said...

This card is draw-droppingly CUTE! Love this to bits. Thanks for the inspiration! xx Amanda

Leslie said...

Beeeeeeeautiful!!! LOVE the lacey softness, the vintagey look, the outstanding skirt and the pearls you added....PERFECT!!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG!!! Sarah, this is adorable!! I so LOVE how you made the cute little skirt!! I think I need to try this!!! I say your MOJO is doing great!!!!

Karen Motz said...

Girlfriend...your Mojo has definitely returned in full force!! Wow!!!! This is STUNNING!!!!!!!! The way you created the little skirt with lace, and the pearl necklace, but I think my favourite part is the sweet belt with the pearl buckle!!! I adore this card!!!!

Dana White said...

This is stunning!! I love her lace skirt and the pearl necklace & then the belt - this is over the top stunning!! Your mojo is back!!

SaltAndPepperMakers said...

I can't even express how much I love this one! The dressmaker forms are great but the one with the little lacy dress and pearls is fantastic! Wonderful card you made there.

Karen Giron said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely a stunner! LOVE the lace dress!

inkyloulou :0) said...

One word for this my gorgeous friend- EXQUISITE!!!! I love every single little bitty thing about it. You are one clever cookie xxxx

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous, love the pearls, lace dress, just beautiful.

Sharnee Torrents said...

ooooo one more thing is that a FAUX suede top that you've created??
Oh pink is soooo pretty when in your hands, that DSP is wonderful, then to mix it with Early espresso is just genius!!! LOVE IT!!!
hugs more Sharnee :)

Fiona Harrison said...

I pinned this card! I needed practice and this card is so pretty I figure it deserved a bigger audience.
Fi x

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous card Sarah!

Tracey said...

You have convinced me...I really do NEED this set don't I? Tx