Janeybell

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #80

Happy Sunday!!! We're Back!!!!! Karen has once again given us a fabulous sketch to play with.. she's SO clever isn't she?

This is also a birthday card for a very gorgeous friend of mine, who will get this little creation this morning!!!

So onto the important stuff... the card:-


And THE sketch:-


I've used Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink and some So Saffron DSP from my Sweet Pea DSP pack, I've also used some Cork, which I've had lying around on my desk for YEARS!!!!!

I decided to ink up my Papertrey Ink Blooming Button Bits for this one and stamped the images directly onto the Cork. The little flower pot is stamped in Choc Chip and then restamped and raised up on some dimensionals and the flower stamped TWICE in Old Olive. The little flowers were punched out using my Trio Flower Punch (which is retiring and currently on the Last Chance List.... so if you'd like one LET ME KNOW!!!) and I added some Pink Rhinestones to the centre. To add a final touch and moreso because I can't seem to function if my cards don't have some form of ribbon on them.. bwhahaha.. I've used some Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon.

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper's for some amazing inspiration:-
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Blooming Button Bits (PTI)
Card:- Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, Sweet Pea DSP, Cork

Ink:-
Old Olive, Choc Chip
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Top Note Die, Big Shot, Pink Rhinestones, Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Paper Piercing Mat and Tool

10 Comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh I just love the cork!!! So cool and the vase and flowers make me so happy! Awesome card!

Lynn Put said...

How pretty! I really like how you've used the Top Note die with the cork and the little flowers with the gems looks fantastic!

Lee said...

This little dazzler is even prettier in real life! I had the honour of receiving it for my birthday :) Thank you Sarah!!!

Lulla xxx

Karen Giron said...

Wow! I love the cork!! And the flowers are perfect - I always seem to use buttons, so who knew I could actually use flowers??? hahaha! This is truly beautiful!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Sarah, LOVE the cork!!!!

Karen Motz said...

So pretty!!! Love all the dimension from the cork!!!

Krista said...

Love your card Sarah ! Great how you used the cork !

Claire said...

Gorgeous Sarah - LOVE the cork.

About Me said...

ohhhhh how gorgeous Sarah!!!! I LOVE this one - the delicateness of the flowers and soft colours with the texture of the cork - got to love the bigshot!!!! Just beautiful....xxx

Jodene said...

This is an absolutely stunning card Sarah! Lovin' the cork!