Janeybell

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cupcakes and a Book!!!!

Hello!!!!

Well I'm pleased to say that I FINALLY managed to sit myself down and make a couple of things... still plenty more to come, but at least I've made a start!!!

My friend Tracy had her birthday in September and her daughter Sarah had her 6th Birthday last week so here are a couple of pics of the the little pressie I made for Tracy and the card I made for Sarah.

First up Tracys pressie:-
I made a note book using some Soft Sky Textured cardstock, some wide Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon and some Fall Flowers DSP.
I covered a chipboard letter with some DSP also before layering everything and sticking it all together. These are so simple to create yet make an absolutely GORGEOUS little gift.

And now for Sarah's card... and a little story to go along with it!!!!

I got the idea for this card from here and here . Ive used Chocolate Chip Card as the base which I've stamped with the Circles/Bubbles from the Big Bold Birthday Set, then I've layered some Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink Cardstock and then stamped the cupcake base in Chocolate Chip Ink onto some Whisper White Cardstock together with the 'Make a Wish' sentiment from the same stamp set also stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. The top of the cupcake was 'Rock and Rolled' using Pretty in Pink and then Regal Rose around the edges and the candles were stamped in Choc Chip, coloured with So Safron and then dipped in some Dazzling Diamonds. The ribbon is the very GORGEOUS Regal Rose Wide Grosgrain.

Now for the story to go with the card. I made this card in the morning, wrapped the pressie for Sarah and took the card out to stick on top (which I did) however... I actually FORGOT to write in the card... yep that's right... I gave a birthday card and didn't write in it!!!! How terrible is that... now I'm going to blame that on my current lack of sleep... what else can I blame... well perhaps the Blonde Hair, but we'll go with lack of sleep for now!!!! hahaha.

Hope you like these little items and I'll be back soon with some more things to share.

Sarah
xx

Here's everything I used:-

Tracy's Book
Stamp Set:- NONE
Card:- Soft Sky Textured Card Stock, Old Olive, Fall Flowers DSP
Accessories:- Chipboard letters, Old Olive Wide Grosgrain, Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon

Sarah's Card
Stamps:- Big Bold Birthday
Card:- Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, PRetty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink:- Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, So Saffron
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, Two Way Glue Pen, Regal Rose Wide Grosgrain.

2 Comments:

Sankari W. said...

Oh what a beautiful card!! I love the sweet cupcake and your bow is soooo gorgeous! wow!
and i have totally done that do where I have forgotten to write in the card (can't blame it on blonde hair for me :) but i think sometimes when you put so much time making the card - its almost like you have already written in it --- regardless - i am sure that it was loved and appreciated!!!
best wishes,
Sankari :)

Sankari W. said...

and your notebook is just so sweet - love how you covered it with DP! great idea for a present - and sooooo beautiful!!