Janeybell

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Colour Challenge #24

Here is this weeks Colour Inspiration Challenge set by Kristina. I figured I'd best get in early with this one, given it could be a little while before I get the chance to sit down and make a card... with the arrival of Baby K#2 getting closer and closer...well pretty much any time now!!!! So I'll either have a little person to cuddle, which makes making cards a little bit tricky OR I'll be EXTREMELY sleep deprived... which would make for some very interesting card designs I think... hahaha. Anyway.. back on track, here is the inspiration picture for this week:-

The colours this week were Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss (I used Old Olive) and Very Vanilla.

And here is what I came up with:-


I've used Pumpkin Pie as the base of the card... (Sammy will be PROUD!!!!) and then used my corner rounder punch to make a scallop edge on one side, then I used some Old Olive DSP and scalloped that also before sticking down at the top of the card. I then cut a slit in the the side and used a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock as a band then tied a knot with some delicious Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgrain (just for something a little bit different really!!!) then I used my Oh So Lovely Stamp set (Hostess Level 1 set) to stamp the image on a Very Vanilla Circle in Old Olive ink and a flower from another Hostess Set (Cause for Celebration) which I attached with a Pewter Brad and popped up on a dimensional. The sentiment is from the So Many Sayings, yep you guessed it another Hostess Set, which I stamped in Chocolate Chip Ink onto some Pumpkin Pie Card stock.

Hope you like it.

Here is everything I used:-

Stamps:- Cause for Celebration (Level 2 Hostess Set), Oh So Lovely (Level 1 Hostess Set), So Many Sayings (Level 1 Hostess Set)
Card:- Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink:- Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:- Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Pewter Brad, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch, Circle Punch.

12 Comments:

Sherri said...

I love it - the color just pops and the scallop edge is perfect!

One Klassy Chick said...

Beautiful Sarah! I love everything about it!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! Great job with the challenge!

Caroline said...

Really lovely card - well done!

Becky said...

Beautiful card! TFS!

Mel H. said...

What a beautiful card. Love it!

Unknown said...

This is so lovely. The scalloped edge is wonderful.

Karla said...

How cute is this!!! I love the way you use the colors!!!! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card Sarah. I was just thinking about you and wondering when that new little baby of yours is due to come...pretty soon I expect.

Carol Dunstan said...

ooh this is lovely!

Traveling Mama said...

Hi there! Just thought I'd send you a note to congratulate you on your new little bundle! Do we get to see a picture? Hope all is well!
Blessings,
Tina