Janeybell

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #126

Happy Sunday!!! It's time of course for another Sweet Sunday Sketch, so I hope you'll have some time to play along!!

This weeks sketch is LOTS of fun and I really enjoyed putting my card together. I've gone all BRIGHT and Pink FREE this week... never fear.. there WILL be a suitable PINK FRENZY appearing on my Blogo soon I think!!! hahah

Here is my card for this week:-


And here is Karen's FUN sketch:-


This little card is for my Godson Jack!! It's his 5th Birthday party today, so I thought I'd have a bit of fun with it. I've used TWO colours I haven't used before.. Poppy Parade!! and Peach Parfait... it's not that I don't like them.. it's just that well OK.. Poppy Parade frightens me a little and I don't really have an excuse for Peach Parfait. I've also used Tempting Turquoise, another colour that is sadly neglected by me and some Old Olive.
I also inked up my Party this Way set and used some Twine for the balloon strings and added a couple of Turquoise brads.


The rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper's have some AMAZING cards to show you too... sooooo... off you go.. go visit them and be INSPIRED:-

And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-
Stamps:-  Party this Way
Paper:- POppy Parade (i'm still a little frightened!!), Peach Parfait, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Peach Parfait DSP, Poppy Parade DSP, Whisper White
Ink:- Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:-Dimensionals, Twine, Tempting Turquoise Brads

9 Comments:

Fiona Harrison said...

What a fab card for a 5 y.o. I love the bright colours, the balloons and the torn paper edging. Fantastic take on the sketch.
Fi x

Karen Motz said...

This is so FUN! Love all the bright colours!

Lynn Put said...

Karen stole my words lol. Love your card Sarah, the popped up balloons and colors are so fun and cheerful!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Sarah!!! Love the bright colors and those fun balloons!! Love the twine and rhinestone brads!!

Nancy Riley said...

Terrific card, Sarah! I love the colors and layout! Lovin' everything about it!

Karen Giron said...

Bright works for you! LOVE the balloons and I was wondering when we'd see a stamp in that Felicity font - love it!! So cute, SJ!

Dana White said...

this is awesome - the balloons are perfect & I love the bright colours- brilliant

Stef Perry said...

What a delightful card!! The bright colors are perfect for a little guy birthday!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

So bright and cheery!! Love the colours you have chosen and the balloons really pop (no pun intended!)