Janeybell

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #57 {wish big}

Happy Sunday!!! Hope you've had a FABULOUS weekend. It's time for another FUN sketch from Karen, and this week she's got an absolute RIPPER for you. Now, before I show you, you have to PROMISE not to get scared and to have a go... PROMISE!!!!

Ok, so now that you've all promised me that you'll play along here's my card for this week:-


And here is Karen's "RIPPER" sketch:-


Now like I said... don't be frightened... well ok, you can be a little bit scared.. I was a little scared at first.. BUT... once I started playing I actually found it to be FUN and not really all that scary.. well OK it took a little bit of playing, and a few BIZARRE colour combos... (*waving girls*) after our little chat last night, I opted to go for something... um shall we say... a little less Easter Egg Huntish!!! hahaha

I've gone with a Kraft base and the colours I've chosen are Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Choc Chip, Very Vanilla.
My strips are a combination of both DSP and hand stamped DSP using my Framed with Love set. I used Pink Pirouette ribbon for my middle strip and rather than circle (which I LOVE) I decided to have a whirl at creating my own Ribbon Flower. I've been wanting to have a go at these for AGES... and t'was HEAPS of fun... Go on have a go!!!!

So there you go.. I think this might go in my 'Little Girl's" Birthday pile, I'm actually really happy with how it turned out. "BONUS!!!" hahaha

Be sure to pop on over and visit the other Sweet Sunday Stampers for some AMAZING inspiraton, they NEVER fail to inspire:-


And don't forget to link your card to Mr Linky over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Framed with Love, Short and Sweet
Card:- Kraft, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, Au Chocolat DSP (retired), Regal Rose DSP

Ink:- Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa

Accessories:- Sponges, Dimensionals, Choc Chip Dbl Stitched Ribbon, Felt Fusion Too, Pink Pirouette Ribbon, Rhinestone Brad, Word Window Punch

22 Comments:

Karen Giron said...

Simply beautiful, as always Miss SJ!! Love the colors (of course!) and I'm kind of curious what your Easter egg card would look like... I say give it a go!

Karen said...

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cute babe! Love it!

Karen
x

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

You aced it girl! Love your colours and that fabulous ribbon flower! Beautiful!

Jen Tapler said...

Wait a minute...I don't see any Easter Bunny Crap anywhere on this card!!!! You're totally full of it! AHAHAHA!! This is awesome Sarah! Seriously - you nailed it with this one. I LOVE this. But I still think you need to go with your original color combo....

Lynn said...

Sarah,
Your card is gorgeous! Definitely belongs in the girly pile - I love, love, love it! And the ribbon flower is beautiful!

Lee said...

Wow, you make that scary sketch look like a piece of cake! I adore your chocolate ribbon flower, I will definately give it a whirl :)

Lee x

Karen Motz said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Love the colours and the ribbon circle is a brilliant backdrop for the flower!!!

Lynn Put said...

Ooooo this is so pretty! I love all the texture of the paper strips and the beautiful ribbon and felt flower!

Stacey Schafer said...

adorable:)

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Sarah, but I was looking forward to seeing your other color combo, you are a tease!!! LOL!!

So digging your center element!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Sarah, your design is awesome! I love the main flower image, and your colors are amazing!

Mary J said...

Love the colour combination and how you've done that flower - fab!

shannon said...

i love pink with brown/kraft! I also love that you added a tag with the sentiment and the focal point ISN'T a stamped image! original!

Shell Turner said...

you've done a brilliant job with this one SJ. I love it!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Way to rock that sketch girly! Fab!

Sarah Klass said...

Gorgeous card SJ! Love that ribbon flower too - it would make an AWESOME embellishment on a headband ;-)

S x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

oh your card is GORGEOUS!! Love the strips. I'll give this a go :)

Unknown said...

Great job with the sketch! Love how you did the ribbon adn flowers. Very nice!

Lea L. said...

This is awesome!! I love that flower accent, and the papers are perfect together! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Krista said...

Gorgeous !!! Love it !

About Me said...

So gorgeous!!!! How do you do it, time after time after time!! Amazing, lovely, beautiful, stunning...truly!