Janeybell

Sunday, February 7, 2010

sweet sunday {birthday wishes} #55

Happy Sunday!!!! Hope you've all been enjoying your weekend. It's Sunday, which means it's time for another FABULOUS sketch by the lovely Karen.

I was determined to create a BOYS card this week, absolutely determined!!! And after I was assured by the lovely Lee (*waving*) that Fifth Avenue Floral just wasn't going to cut it for a "boys" card... I decided I better dig deep and come up with something else. Oh and being a boys card means NO pink too.. Right!!!! Hmmmmm

So after a lot of "deep digging" and stamp stash rustling I came up with a sweet little card for a very special little boy who is celebrating his VERY SPECIAL birthday... who is this special little person, who is turning 4??... Well it is in fact Karen's little man Andrew... HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sweet Andrew... hope you like your card :o)!!! and of course have a WONDERFUL birthday!!!!!

So, here is Andrew's SPECIAL little Birthday Card:-


And here is the fun sketch from Karen to play along with:-


I cut my card down a wee bit to make it smaller so that my circle wasn't too BIG for my little birdie... poor little thing would've been terrified had he been placed in such a LARGE circle all on his lonesome!!!

Oh and the other thing I've done here on this card... talk about jumping in at the deep end!! I've used not one, but THREE scary colours... well scary for me... Summer Sun (VERY SCARY!!), Pacific Point...(up there Scary!!), and Tangerine Tango.. (just plain BRIGHT scary!!!)... All on the one card!!!! WOW!!!

I've added a little sparkle to "Birdies" wing... hope that's ok Andrew :o)... oh and I couldn't resist adding just a teensy tiny bit of ribbon, but it is in Choc Chip... so that's ok too.. Right? hahaha
Hope you like this one. Be sure to pop on over and visit the other Sweet Sunday Stampers for some AMAZING inspiraiton, they NEVER fail to inspire:-


And don't forget to link your card to Mr Linky over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Basic Phrases, Cheep Talk, Big Bold Birthday, Party Hearty
Card:- Pacific Point, Summer Sun, Choc Chip, Tangerine Tango, Good Morning Sunshine DSP

Ink:- Choc Chip, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango

Accessories:- MY Handwriting, Buttons, Dimensionals, 2-way Glue Pen, Glitter, Choc Chip Grosgrain, Sponges

18 Comments:

Jen Tapler said...

You're so sweet!! And looks boyish enough to me! And I put ribbon on boy cards ALL the time!! Love that little birdie!!

Karen Giron said...

I think this is SO perfect!! Andrew loves these colors and ribbon - gotta have the ribbon! This is so sweet, SJ - I absolutely love it!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so cute and adorable, fabulous for a little man! Awesome take on the sketch!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Totally cute!! Love the idea of the party whistle coming out of the bird's mouth.

Lynn said...

Absolutely adorable..I always appreciate inspiration for boys too!

LeAnne said...

This is just too stinkin' cute! All your little embellishments make this one terrific card...I LOVE all the bright colors, but the brown tempers it so that it is not "in your face" bright! He (and his mom) will love it!

Lynn Put said...

What an adorable little boy card! Andrew will love it I'm sure. The bright colors and cute little birthday bird are so fun!

Stacey Schafer said...

what fun!

Vicki Burdick said...

Sarah, You did a fabulous job with all those "Scary" colors!! I love it!!

Karen said...

This is the CUTEST card SJ! Love it!

Karen
x

Shell Turner said...

you've done a fab job with your boy card SJ! That birdie is the cutest thing ever!!

Christine Blain said...

Way to go, stepping outside your comfort zone with those colours - you rocked it! Great, great card. Nothing wrong with ribbon on boys' cards. Now you've made one, you'll be whipping up non-pink cards with ease :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - this is soooo cute! I love these papers and was just thinking about 'em the other day. How cute is that birdie?! Fantastic card!

Dina said...

SUPER cute! I love the colors!

Krista said...

Cute card !

Anonymous said...

Love your colours, they look awesome together. Super cute bird!

Claire said...

I just LOVE this card Sarah - it's amazing!!

Janice Klass said...

Hi SJ... I too think this card is way cute. Fantastic use of all those stamp sets and great idea with the party blower, I never quite new what to do with that little stamp and well now I do. xx