Janeybell

Sunday, February 14, 2010

sweet sunday #56 {sprinkled with LOVE}

Happy Valentines Day Folks!!! Hope you've had a FABULOUS day, getting spoilt, serenaded (well ok perhaps not!!..hahha) and generally taken care of by your LOVED one.

I got very spoilt last night.. my GORGEOUS hubby cooked me dinner... somewhat of a Valentines Day tradition here in the Kale' abode. I must say too, for someone who doesn't do a lot of cooking and quite often says that he can't really cook.... to that I say Pfift!!!!... No really.... he doesn't just go for a simple Cheese on Toast option (one I would be completely content with I might add.. you know it's all about the fact that HE is cooking.. hahaha), oh NO, he's gone the whole kit and caboodle.. Garlic and Chilli Prawns, Crispy Skinned Salmon with Chilli Glaze, Olive Tapenade with Marinated Feta and Prawn Toast and THEN... yes there is MORE... THEN Lemon and Lime Brulee... MY FAVE and to completely DIE for... It was DELICIOUS!!! The best part... I didn't have to cook it, clean it up and there is plenty left over for today... EXCELLENT!!!

Now I'm sure you didn't pop on over to listen to me ramble on about my spoilings on VDay, rather to see what we've created for you for Karen's fabulous Sweet Sunday Sketch... so I won't bore you any further and get right into it.

Here is my card for this weeks sketch:-


And here is the fun sketch from Karen for you to play along with:-


Given it is Valentines Day this weekend I thought I'd make a little "Coffee Date" Valentine's Card. I inked up my AWESOME Taylored Expressions Sprinkled with Love set... LOVE it!!!, and paper pieced the cups one in Red and one in Pink.. (that one's MINE!!) Added some Sprinkles and the rest pretty much speaks for itself. I was a little lost when I'd finished it all as to where to put my sentiment, contemplated even not putting one on it at all, and honestly, I'm still not 100% sure that I like what I've done with it... I'll keep looking at it, I'm sure I'll come around eventually.

Be sure to pop on over and visit the other Sweet Sunday Stampers for some AMAZING inspiraiton, they NEVER fail to inspire:-


And don't forget to link your card to Mr Linky over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Sprinkled with Love (Taylored Expressions)
Card:- Pink Pirouette, Water Colour, Candy Lane DSP

Ink:- So Saffron, Choc Chip, Riding Hood Red

Accessories:- Sponges, Dimensionals, Very Vanilla Wide Grosgrain, Crystal Effects, Pink RHinestone, Circle Scissors Plus

15 Comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is totally cute and delicious! Love the sprinkles...I could eat 'em right up!

Karen Giron said...

Wow, who needs a fancy restaurant when you have an amazing menu right at home?!! I'm so happy you had a great day! Loving your sprinkle card too - love all the frothiness :D

Mary J said...

What an original idea - love the sentiment! Yummy colours too!

Caroline said...

It's a really cute card Sarah - just right as it is & the sentiment looks great!

LesleyfromWI said...

Very cute & I love the sprinkles! Happy Valentines Day

Lynn Put said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Sarah it sounds like your a lucky girl to have a husband who could cook such a wonderful dinner!
Your card is fabulous! I love the paper pieced mugs and chocolate sprinkles!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Sarah!!! Love the sprinkle!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is really sweet and looks yummy enough to drink!!

Karen said...

You deserve every bit of that beautiful dinner he cooked SJ!!! He's a keeper for sure!!

I am lovin' your card...............am off to check it out AGAIN on the website!! If I buy it...........LOOK OUT! roflol

Have a great day chicki!

Karen
x

Lee said...

Ohhhh! one for you and one for meeee! They look good enough to slurp :) LOVE the bling on the mug, and your sentiment looks great there!

Lee x

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute!

KimB said...

HI Sarah,

your coffees look good enough to drink :)- and I think the sentiment works where you put it too. You are one lucky lady to get such fantastic catering on VD too. Thanks for visiting too.

Kim

Nancy Riley said...

LOVE those paper pieced coffee mugs! GREAT design!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute!!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Happy belated v day! Love love your card, those mugs are so adorable :)