Janeybell

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #41

Happy Sunday!!!!
WOW!!! What a weekend. Yesterday was the Perth Stampin' Up! Regional Training Event. And... it was SOOOOOOOOO much fun. I really had a ball. Getting to meet up with some amazingly wonderful, gorgeous and EXTREMELY talented ladies (*waving Lee and Sarah... oooh and Sarah's Mum and Aunty Mary (who I finally got to meet... that was exciting too!!!) We got to make some GORGEOUS projects, which I'll share with you soon I promise... you'll just have to wait until the NEW Mini comes out.. not long to go now, but let me assure you, YOU wont be disappointed!!!!

And today... SUNDAY... and another FABULOUS Sweet Sunday Sketch. Karen has set another BEAUTIFUL sketch for us this week.

Here is my card:-


And here is our sketch:-


I LOVE making Christmas cards, and I especially LOVE making them a little differently using PINK!!!! I know I'd LOVE to receive a PINK Chrissy Card... How about you... would you LOVE a Pink Chrissy Card?

I started out with some Kraft cardstock and to that layered some Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze DSP from my Ski Slope pack. Then added another layer using Close to Cocoa and Kraft again this time creating my own background using my Season of Joy set and stamping the images in Versamark. The main image is stamped on Whisper White in Pink Pirouette. I re-stamped the small poinsettia in Regal Rose and added a little bling with Dazzling Diamonds. I also re-stamped the little snow flake in Baja Breeze and mounted that with some dimensionals.. oh and lets not forget about the other little bit of bling in the form of a pink rhinestone in the word 'season' ... did you see it? Rather than add circle to the top I used my creative license and added a Pink Pirouette bow. I don't think Karen will mind!! :o) (*smiling and waving Karen*)

Be sure to pop on over to the other Sweet Sunday Stamper gals blogs for some more amazing inspiration:-


Jen and Nancy unfortunately can't play this week, but be sure to pay them a visit and say HI. Oh and be sure to wish Lynn a HAPPY BIRTHDAY too. Happy Birthday Lynn (for yesterday).

Oh and most importantly, be sure to link your own creation to "Miss" Simply Linked (I'm calling her Miss, because hopefully she behave better than Mr Linky!!!) on Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

THanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Season of Joy
Card:- Kraft, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP
Ink:- Versamark, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze

Accessories:- Regal Rose Marker, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, Pink Pirouette Ribbon, PInk Rhinestone, 1/2" circle punch, Dimensionals.

11 Comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Sarah, you're a girl after my heart! I like nothing better than pink in Christmas cards! Beautiful take on the sketch and a gorgeous card on all counts!!

nannyjkm said...

Hi Sarah,
Yesterday was such fun, wasn't it?
A room full of lovely ladies who all love the same thing. It was great to meet you too....and I like the pink Christmas Card. Best wishes and keep your creations comingxxxxx
Jane M (Sarah K's Mum)

Lynn Put said...

Sarah your Christmas card for the sketch is so soft and pretty! The pink and Baja Breeze DSP with the popped up details in the image look wonderful!

PS your such a sweetie to mention my birthday in your post.
Thank you :)

Karen Motz said...

I also LOVE pink for Christmas cards...it's so fresh! The popped elements on your card and the bling add a really nice dimension!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love your pink Chrissy card!! Totally adorable!! Love the placement of the bow!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Karen said...

Morning SJ! Your card is just gorgeous - I love using non traditional colours at Christmas!

Karen
x

{PurpleD} said...

Lovely backgrounds! Your bow is perfect!

Fiona Harrison said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours.
I hope you had a good time at regionals, look fwd to hearing anything that you're allowed to share. It was a shame about Keesh's head. We have to wait til the 21st November but I'm not wishing the time away as I just started 3 weeks hols, yay!

Cindy Major said...

Another beautiful Christmas card! I love how you used soft pink on it!

Cindy :)

Sharnee Torrents said...

Oh WOW Sarah this card is amazing!! I'm really loving using different colours this Christmas also!! It's really fun, but the detail in this is simply gorgeous!! So LOVE IT!!!
Smiles Sharnee :0)
P.S Thanks for the wonderful comments left at my spot of the www!! I tried looking for a contact you but instead will leave my info here. I really am so very touched that you want to send me a baby card....WOW!!! the super sweet people you meet through stampin up always blows me away!!
Details are 81 Punchbowl Road, Punchbowl, Tasmania 7249 xxxxx