Janeybell

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #39

Happy Sunday!!!! Hope you've been enjoying your weekend. We've had a lovely weekend. Lastnight I went to the John Farnham concert with my Mum.... WOW... it was AWESOME... YES I am a PROUD John Farnham fan!! :o)

The lovely Karen has set an AWESOME sketch for us this week... I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed working with this one, and will definately be using it again... SO much fun.

Here is my card:-


And here is the wonderful sketch:-


Cool huh?.

When I first saw it I had a "minor" panic attack (Please don't panic Karen... waving!!!) only because I didn't have ANY oval templates... I KNOW... *GASP*... but you may have noticed I said 'didn't' ... because... I went out and got me a little template sheet so that can cut a proper oval as opposed to attempting to create one with random object on my craft desk...hahaha... albeit amusing to picture it... I've opted for simplicity this time... hahahah.

I chose one of my FAVOURITE colour combos for this week, Choc Chip, Regal Rose (well any PINK for that matter), Certainly Celery and of course KRAFT!!!.

I created my own background on the Regal Rose using the little flower from Cheep Talk stamped in Regal Rose then used my White Gel pen to brighten up the centres. The bottom layer, I stamped the little heart from Cheep Talk in Certainly Celery. I stamped the large flower from Cheep talk in Regal Rose, stamped off once onto Vanilla card and added a Pink Rhinestone to the centre then stamped my sentiment from Best Yet in Choc Chip. The edges of the Vanilla oval and the Kraft section have been sponged in Choc Chip to add a little dimension. Oh and the scallop edge around my Oval was created by using my Scallop Oval punch... I haven't got a LARGE scallop (Oval) template just yet.... on my wish list hahahha, so had to get a little bit creative with that bit. ;o)
Oh and I mustn't forget the CHoc Chip Ribbon just to finish it all off.

Hope you like this one, and be sure to pop on over to the other Sweet Sunday Stampers blogs for some more AMAZING inspiration:-



And don't forget to have a little play too... all you need to do is create a card using the sketch as your guide then leave a link to your card on Mr Linky on Karen's Blog for us all to see. FUN!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sarah
xxx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Cheep Talk, Best Yet (Hostess)
Paper:- Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Kraft, Certainly Celery

Ink:- Choc Chip, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Choc Chip Wide Grosgrain, White Gel Pen, Scallop Oval Punch, Pink Rhinestone, sponge Daubers

12 Comments:

Lynn Put said...

Sarah your card is wonderful!!! I really like the pretty colors and stamps you used!

Karen Motz said...

THis is so soft and pretty! What a clever way to achieve the scalloped oval behind the image!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love your oval with the flower and sentiment! Great way to get the scalloped layer too!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet!! I love the color!!! Great job with the sketch!!!

Karen said...

Thats a reallllly cute card SJ! I really like that sketch myself!

Karen
x

Shell Turner said...

Hi Hun, so sorry it's been a while since I commented on your gorgeous creations! I have been quite busy maintaining that website of mine - phew, that's hard work!

So, onto your card. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that background you have created with your stamps - clever chook aren't ya?!

Shell x

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! That little flower is the sweetest image!

Karen Giron said...

Oooh! so lovely - the bling in the flower is so cute and you are really clever making your own scallop - very cool!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is darling! What a fun mix of colors! :D

KimB said...

HI Sarah,

lovely mix of colours (CUTE flower) and good on you for being so inventive to create a scalloped oval. Thanks for visiting and your comment.

Kim

Jen Tapler said...

This turned out great!! Love those stamped backgrounds girl!!

Shazza said...

Hi Sarah-Jane,

I found your site whilst blog hopping..... as you do!!

I thought you may be interested in the following....

Just letting you know that the new criteria has just gone up for my challenge sites for October.
Would love you to join us this month :)

ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Inspiration this month comes from Vincent van Gogh's 'Starry Night'

and

From Screen 2 Scrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/
Inspiration this month comes from the movie poster 'Night at the Museum'

International scrappers welcome :)


Don't forget to become a follower of my challenge blog sites, that way you get all the updates and info :)

cheers
Shazza