Janeybell

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #97

Hello!!! Happy Sunday!!!! It's time of course for another fabulous Sweet Sunday Sketch!!

I had SOOOO much fun making my card for today!!.. SOOOO much FUN!!!

My BEAUTIFUL Jorja is turning FOUR tomorrow (*sniff*) so this little creation is for her (SMILE).Her favourite colours at the moment appear to be RED and GREEN.. quite appropriate I guess given her birthday is five days before Christmas.. although I think I'll need to be pushing the whole PINK thing soon.. hahahha. Any way... let me show you my card.. it's FUN and has a little something special on it!!! ooohhhh!!!


The card:-



The Sketch... FUN!!!!:-




Can you see the little suprise!!!???.. Well ok it's pretty hard to miss isn't it.. but did you know that that there BIG red flower is actually a HAIR CLIP!!??? Yep.. I made a hair clip so she can wear it in her hair for her sweet little "Morning Tea Party".. FUN.. RIGHT???!!!



I received my NEW Flower Folds Big Shot Die during the week and decided to have a little play. Now.. apart from having copious amounts of FUN making this little creation.. I have to say that FELT + BIGSHOT dies = BIG, BIG, BIG.. electric shock!!!.. that part not so much fun!!! hahaha.
There I go digressing again!!.. So I cut out FOUR of the second smallest flower and then went about stitching them together before "fluffing" them a tad and attaching them to a hair clip. The actual clip is clipped onto the card so that I just have to unclip it and the card can remain intact.. well ok that's the plan.. although I dare say that when Miss Jorja see's said card she might in all the excitement just RIP it off...hahaha

I'll be sure to take photos of it once it has been clipped into the Birthday Girls hair!!!

Be sure to visit the fabulous Sweet Sunday Stampers for some AMAZING inspiration:-

And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Afterthoughs (Hostess)
Card:-  Real Red, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, DSP (retired)
Ink:- Chocolate Chip
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Rhinestone Jewels, Felt, Fancy Folds Big Shot Die, Big Shot, Buttons, Circle PUnch, Old Ollive Grograin, CLIP




10 Comments:

Renée said...

beautiful, Sarah! I'll have to make these for Christmas for my girls and niece :) Thanks for a fab idea!!

Traveling Mama said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Jorga!! Hope you guys have the merriest of Christmases too! Hugs from Denmark! Oh, and of course I love your adorable card! :-)

Patrice said...

Just lovely, your card is bright and fun. Happy birthday Jorja! Yayaaayayay.

Lynn said...

This is beautiful...love that big felt flower...stunning!

Karen Motz said...

STU-U-U-U-U-NING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Christmas colour combo for a birthday card...it's soooo happy feeling! And a hair clip flower??? BrillianT!!!

Karen Giron said...

This is SO sweet! I absolutely adore the hair clip idea - you are brilliant!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Oh Sarah, this is super cute, I love that hair clip what a Brilliant idea!!!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet little one!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a fun card for your little one! Wish her a Happy Birthday!

KimB said...

Oooh Sarah that flower is stunning I bet your little one LOVED it!! Happy birthday to her - and a very Merry Christmas to you all.
Love Kim

Caroline said...

Love this Sarah - great idea!!