Janeybell

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #78

Happy Sunday!!! It's time of course for another FABULOUS sketch from the gorgeous Karen.

This weeks sketch was GORGOEUS.. although I will admit to OVERTHINKING it a little which in turn ended up driving me insane, because I has SOOOO many ideas floating around in my head.. hahaha .. Anyone else do that?

Soooo.. here is my card for this weeks sketch:-


And here is the fabulous sketch:-


I've used Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip as my colour combo. First up the base of the card is Pink Pirouette and to that I've added some So Saffron DSP from my Sweet Pea DSP pack then some GORGEOUS Wide Pink Pirouette Ribbon. The square layers are Baja Breeze and Baja Breeze DSP then Choc Chip with some Whisper White. The sweet little cupcake is from my Party Hearty set (gees that set is seeing a LOT of ink lately.. hahaha) and the sentiment is from my Life Definitions set.. I couldn't resist colour the "tickled pink" bit in in PINK!!! hahaha
For the little embellishment frenzy in the corner I made a little banner from the Party Hats in the Party Hearty set.
The jury is still out on this one.. I can't seem to figure out what it is missing..... I'm guessing that if I stare at it for long enough the solution will come to me in the form of a MAJOR head slap OR I'll just decide that I do like it and leave it be. I do have someone in mind as the recipient for this one, but it will all depend on whether I can figure out if I really like it (the card.. not the person.. bwhahaha) or not.

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper's for some amazing inspiration:-
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Party Hearty, Life Definitions
Card:- Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Baja Breeze DSP, Choc Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP

Ink:-
Pink Pirouette, Choc Chip, So Saffron
Accessories:- Dimensionals, Pink Pirouette WIDE Ribbon, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds

8 Comments:

Lee said...

Nope. Nuthin' wrong with this doozy Sarah! How can you go wrong with YELLOW, and cupcakes, and bling?!!!! Love your little flags, they are the perfect accents :)

Lulla x

Shell Turner said...

such gorgeous striking colours!!

Karen said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh man! Another tricky sketch! I'll have to see if I can do this one............but don't hold your breath! roflol

You're card is soooooooo pretty SJ! You make these tricky sketches look so easy!

Luv K
x

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Sarah, Love the little banner and the glittery cupcake!!!

Lynn Put said...

What a sweet cupcake card! Love the color combo. and glitter!

Karen Giron said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combo and that adorable cuppie again :D

Karen Motz said...

This is adorable!! I love the little banner accent!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so sweet! Love love love the little pennants you used for the corner embellie and you've reminded me that I have the definitions set and rarely use it! Thanks for the inspiration!