Janeybell

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch #183

Happy Sunday!!! It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch!!. I hope you can join us and play along.

You might want to sit down for this one!!!.. I've gone all crazy this week and actually made a BOYS card!!! YEP!!!! A MALE CARD!!! Not a drop of pink to be seen... not ONE!! I did manage to squeeze a little something special onto it, but I'll let you figure that one out ;-)

So, here is my 'NON- PINK, Male card:-


And here is the sketch for you to play along with:-


I've used Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake as my colour base and added a little colour with a Baja Breeze tie. The stamp set is Best Dad Ever. I really need to use that one more. It's such a fun and easy stamp set to use to create BOY cards!! ;-) Who'd have thunk it! I've added a few little extras... some Linen Thread, Button Boutique Button and some Rhinestones (I told you I squeezed something special onto it!! ) ;-)

All of the goodies on my card can be purchased ONLINE at my Stampin' Up! Shop!!! EXCITING!!.. Click on the SHOP NOW button at the top of my blog if you see something you need!!

Be sure to pop on over and visit the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers for some amazing inspiration!!:-
  • Arielle Gordon - this weeks AWESOME guest designer
  • Dana White
  • Dawn Easton
  • Jackie Pedro
  • Karen Motz
  • Karen Giron
  • Lori Tecler
  • Lynn Put
  • Melissa Hubert
  • Sarah-Jane Kalé - that's ME!
  • Tracy Clemente
  • Vicki Burdick

  • And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    SJ

    10 Comments:

    Dawn Easton said...

    Awesome~!!! GREAT masculine card! Love the sponging and twine and the popped up tie!!!

    Jackie Pedro said...

    And a great manly card it is! Love it!

    Lori said...

    Fabulous masculine card! Love the little bit of sparkle, too.

    Vicki Burdick said...

    Wow, this is awesome SJ!! I love your take on the sketch and the masculine feel of this card!!! You rocked it!!!I

    Tracy said...

    This is amazing! Such a challenge to make a masculine card, but I don't see that here. I love, love, love it!

    Dana White said...

    A perfect masculine card - the flags are a great idea instead of the scallops

    Christine Kiehl said...

    This new follower/visitor loves birds! If I was a bird; I would be an Owl. Why? They are my Native America Totem and they can move their head in cool ways and control their eyelids more so than other birds!! I have a ton of them in all kinds of materials! Thank you for the opportunity to win a fantastic prize! And for sharing the great birdy cards

    Karen Giron said...

    Ok, the banners are brilliant!! LOVE the little ties and the twine button. So delish!!

    AB. said...

    Great card!! That button is such a fab finishing touch!! :)

    Louise Sharp said...

    Oh my goodness Sarah, I'm hearing you with male cards! This is fabulous! I generally struggle because I want to add trinkets and bows and you've still managed to do this and make it masculine! Love it!
    Louise X