Janeybell

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #170

Happy Sunday! It's time for another fun Sweet Sunday Sketch. Hope you'll find some time to join us.

Here's my card for today's challenge:-


And here is the sketch for you to play along with:-


I decided to be brave today and use a couple of colours that are not really in my 'GO TO' pile. Now, while Primrose Petals is not one of those... because it's PINK and I LOVE it... Summer Starfruit, frightens the beejeebees out of me, and Midnight Muse, well I like it, but I'm not usually a dark blue kinda girl. I know!!.. SHOCK right!!??
Anyhoo.. I used them, BOTH!!, and I think I did OK!. Although I must admit that Blogger has made the colours look a bit funky.

I also used my Summer Silhouettes stamp set and some of the In-Colors ribbon in Primrose Petals.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers for some AMAZING card samples:-
And don't forget to link your card to InLInkz over at Karen's blog so we can all see what you've created.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

If you have any questions about my card today, please just leave me a comment or email me and I'll get back to you.

SJ
x

12 Comments:

Dawn Easton said...

So colourful and fun!

Jackie Pedro said...

The colors look GREAT together! Pretty card!!

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Sarah! Love your color combo, embossing and pretty floral images!

Vicki Burdick said...

Seriously SJ, this is gorgeous!! Love the flowers stamped on that paper!! Ahhh-mazing!!!

Tracy said...

LOVE these colors together! This turned out just beautiful.

Karen Giron said...

This is stunning! I love the colors and you'd never know they were in your "afraid of" pile, haha! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Kristin K. said...

Super pretty. Love the pattern paper that you stamped on. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the look of the floral image stamped over the text background.

Stef Perry said...

Always good to stretch your boundaries, which you did with wonderful results! Great proportions of all the colors you used for a beautiful result. The rhinestones are like icing on the cake!

Karen Motz said...

Very pretty! Love that embossed background!

Dana White said...

SJ this is fabulous. Love how you stamped the image on pattered paper

Leslie said...

Gorgeous colours!!! Love your card and that embossing folder is lovely!